Things I did on my Thanksgiving break:
1. Slept past seven!
2. Saw two good movies: Volver and Stranger than Fiction.
3. Ate stuffing. Stuffing!
4. Went to the huge cineplex on Thanksgiving night, sat in the second row, and had an emotional reaction to the trailer for Dreamgirls. Now, I'd seen the preview before, but there's something about seeing it twenty-feet tall after three bourbon and ginger ales that does something to you.*
5. Saw a homeless man get kicked in the face on the Red line.
6. Saw Andrew Bird, who put on an amazing show (that whistle! those violin skillz!). It was one of the better shows I've seen all year, if only because I was standing behind an army of tiny indie rock girls who were all under five feet, was not standing near any douchey fans, and was not the person to my left who fainted about three songs into Mr. Bird's set. Seriously, I heard a loud thunk and thought, "That sounds familiar..." Then I touched my finger to my nose and said, "Not it!"
7. Watched the entire first season of Soap.
8. Bought five new pairs of underwear, ensuring another week of not having to do laundry.
9. Downloaded "Not Gon' Cry" by Mary J. Blige and listened to it non-stop on my iPod.
10. Managed to stay stress-free for four whole days! WHO'S READY FOR WORK TOMORROW?!
*Christina also had an emotional reaction to the preview, but she was sober. She's just a musical theater nerd. And thinks Jamie Foxx is "fierce."