Tuesday, December 04, 2007

It is certainly not too early for Christmas songs.

It's December 4th, which means that most of us have been hearing goddamn Christmas music on the radio for a month already. But, like every year, I never get to hear my favorite Christmas song: "Fairytale in New York" by The Pogues. I guess ClearChannel doesn't like Christmas carols featuring the words "slut" and "faggot." It's a shame.

Here's a special video of Shane McGowan's jacked up teeth and Kristy MacColl singing it on, um, St. Patrick's Day (oh, the Irish!):


Of course, I enjoy the nice, clean, poppier version, covered by Canadian band Pilate. I'll share the MP3 with you because I'm full of Christmas spirit (and just figured out how to do it!). Download!

And as a special treat, I'll share with you my new least-favorite Christmas song, which I discovered this morning. It's called "CHRISTMAS IN FALLUJAH." Billy Joel wrote it, and some dick named Cass Dillon recorded it. I am not making this up:


Who's drunker - Shane or Billy? It's a tough one.

No comments: