Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Mom's got dongs on the brain.

As much as I'm fortunate that I was able to go home in honor of a C0ates Family Crisis, as well as relieved that my dad is doing much better and coming home from the hospital today, I'm going to just say that I'm even happier to be back in Chicago. It was quite an exhausting weekend, and I think I spent at least twelve hours driving to and from Richmond. Also, I had to put up with my mother's inside jokes, which are really jokes she only shares with herself. (For example: We were in the video store, looking for something we thought we could watch, and she pointed at a box and said, "What about Jarhead?! Ha ha ha!!!" I just stared at her and said, "What?" She replied, "Oh, it just doesn't seem like a movie you'd watch." Good one, Mom.)

I don't get my mom's sense of humor sometimes; I find it's even more awkward and random than my own. When I told her about how Christina "WHY DON'T I HAVE A BOYFRIEND?!" Boucher told me that she'd know her soul mate when he walks up to her and asks if he can put his George Strait in her Pure Country, she replied, loudly, and in the general radiological surgery waiting room, "'Clint Black' would be a good euphemism for a penis. You know, like, 'Get your Clint Black away from me.'" Clearly she had put some thought into this and was just waiting for an appropriate moment to bring it up.

No comments: