Saturday, March 10, 2007

We serve Gallo's finest.

There is a dearth of restaurants in my hometown (surprise, surprise!), so when my mother asked me where I wanted to eat dinner the other night, I told her I'd like to go to Angelo's, the staple in C0ates family Italian dining. Angelo's is one of the two "Italian" restaurants in town; it's slightly more authentic than Nino's (owned by a Pakistani couple) because the original Angelo was Greek. That's close enough to Italy, right? Right. Anyway, Angelo's is the kind of place that would list Sam Adams as an imported beer (it doesn't actually - that "Italian" restaurant is Roma's a few towns over), so I really wasn't shocked when my mother ordered a Cabernet at dinner and the waitress replied, "That's the room temperature one, right?"

No comments: