Thursday, August 03, 2006

No more naps.

On my lunchbreak earlier, I walked down one flight of stairs so I could take a nap. I didn't want to be on my floor because I wanted to avoid any awkward interaction with my coworkers or bosses who would happen to walk by and think I'm that crazy coworker who sleeps on his lunchbreak. I thought going to sleep on another floor would be less embarrassing, since only strangers would see me slumped over in a chair. I got over the fear of sleeping in public a long time ago. That's what the JMU library was for.

Anyway, I fell asleep as planned, hoping that I'd wake up as soon as my alarm went off so I wouldn't be that crazy person who was sleeping in a public place while the alarm on his cell phone went off.

Luckily, I woke up about twenty minutes later when people walked behind me. When I opened my eyes, I was really confused, because I had no idea where I was. I jumped up from my chair, but then figured out where I was. Then I noticed that there were people sitting pretty close to me. Staring. Because I was that crazy person who just had a freak-out in public.

No comments: