Thursday, August 31, 2006

Young, restless, and bored.

It's only 9:20 and I've already run out of work to do! Now my options are:

1. Figure out how to spend the next six hours on MySpace, CraigsList, and Gawker without anyone noticing.
2. Call the graduate office and make them "matric" (it's admissions office slang, y'all) me already so I can register for my classes which start next week.
3. Decide what to spend my next paycheck on.
4. Crawl under the desk and take a nap. Would anyone notice? It's a big desk, and I'm quiet already, so I think I could get away with it.

I should enjoy this while it lasts, because in two weeks we're going to start receiving a few thousand high school transcripts every week.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Matric" is more of an abbreviation than slang, no?

Not to kill your buzz or anything.

Betsy said...

Let's take a nap.

Tyler said...

Kristel: Abbreviations can be slang, too! Whatevs, y'all!

Betsy: They actually gave me work to do, and they made me sit in the file room while my manager is out. I'm afraid I can't fit a nap in today after all.