Friday, October 05, 2007

All Ready for Halloween: A Friday Monster Mash.

Let me get this out of the way first: My mom sent me (and my brother) the following video last night in an email with the subject line "Watch this and think of me."

It doesn't make sense. But it does make Momsense.

I responded, "I question your sense of humor."

Now. I haven't heard from the interview yet, and am hoping I hear something this afternoon. I was supposed to have another interview at Northwestern today, but I had to reschedule it for Monday because I have to go to Dave and Buster's. For work. I have to go to Adult's Chuck E Cheese so I can participate in "team-building exercises" and then drink with my co-workers. Yaaaay. (No.)

I also have a phone-screen on Monday for another job at Northwestern. A woman called from the main HR office yesterday, which surprised me because usually I get calls from the departments that are hiring new staff. At first, I expected her to say, "Please stop applying for five to six jobs here every day."

And I'm waiting for a woman to call me back and schedule an interview for another job at NU, but after talking to her on the phone yesterday I'm kind of hoping she won't, as she didn't sound very nice. That's not very promising.

And here's a direct quote from presidential hopeful John McCain on using Alan Greenspan to lead a review of the tax code:

If he's alive or dead it doesn't matter. If he's dead, just prop him up and put some dark glasses on him like, like Weekend at Bernie's.

And if that's not enough of a mind-fuck: Does Jenna Bush not suck?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The mom thing was, umm, interesting since I didn't have a mom like that at all. (her policy being very mains au loin with children)

Best of luck at NU. Keep at it and I know *wink* you'll get what you want.