Monday, October 01, 2007

I hate it when I can't think of a title.

I dropped my creative writing class yesterday because I realized that there's no point stressing over it when I decided to take it for fun in the first place. I don't think studying for a midterm and then a final on anthologized short stories that I've read several times already is fun. And since my professor is giving subjective grades on short, crappy sketches of fiction, I can see myself taking offense at receiving grades on my actual stories. And it took a lot of effort to read the first batch of student stories, as most of my comments and corrections were focused on grammar. (Seriously, who doesn't understand how to use commas? Or the correct way to punctuate quotations? You're in college now. This is your major.) (Note: This did not apply to you, Brittany. Your knowledge of correct punctuation was refreshing.)

Anyway, I'm not taking any more English courses here, as I have learned my lesson for the fourth time. If for any reason I do get a better job here and the free tuition tempts me again, I shall just get a MBA instead.

And now, something truly amazing:


Also, I watched Death Proof last night, and it was fantastic.

2 comments:

Erica said...

It's hard dropping classes. I always feel a little guilty.

Two words to describe why sometimes Creative Writing classes can suck: peer edit.

Anonymous said...

I'm pretty sure my story was terrible as I mostly forgot about it until the Tuesday it was due...and still turned it in on Wednesday.