Tuesday, May 29, 2007

I'm in the running for Most Awkward Person: 2007.

Last week I had an interview with a woman from the other side of the office (the counseling / recruitment side) for an open admissions counselor position. It was just an informal thing, but it went really well because I could answer all of those theoretical questions with answers placed in the context of the office. Because I already work here.

That was on Wednesday. I decided this morning that I'd email her to see how the process was going and when I might hear something about a real interview.

When I have interviews for other jobs that are, you know, not in this office, I can somewhat avoid awkward encounters with potential employers. Of course, with my luck, I get to look ten kinds of crazy in front of the woman who is in charge of filling a position I want. Instead of just emailing her, I had the chance to meet her in the hall as I was on my way to fill up my bright red mug featuring a bulldog with water, and, after asking about the position, I dropped said bulldog mug on the floor and scrambled like an idiot to retrieve it. Nice.

By the way, there are three open positions, and there is no reason why I shouldn't get one of them. It's entry level and I already work here, for God's sake. And in the even that I am not selected, I'm going to have to come up with a Plan B for my life.

No comments: