Monday, May 21, 2007

Laundry list.

1. I did not get the great job I applied / interviewed for, making me officially unemployable. Well, not so much if you take into account that the temp agency woman (ex-retail manager who told me I don't actually need insurance because nobody gets sick in the summer) called this morning with a "long-term temp position with the 'possibility' of a full-time job."

2. I hate those goddamn bitches who work in HR. (Not you, Kristel, but only because you don't live in Chicago and haven't called me with jobs managing retail car rental companies.)

3. I'm sick, still. I'm missing work, again. I woke up this morning with my entire body hurting and I want to die, just to get it over with.

4. I had a rather shitty weekend. The mediocrity almost cancels out the fact that I saw The Arcade Fire last night and they were amazing, one of the best shows I've ever seen in my life.

5. I'm listening to a show on NPR right now discussing the upcoming cicada invasion that's about to start tomorrow. I'm listening to two guys digging in the dirt and finding a cicada. Seriously. Riveting radio. The segment started with a parody of the "Jaws 2" sketch from Saturday Night Live, except instead of a land shark there was a cicada at the door announcing itself as a candygram. And you all wonder why I hate NPR.

6. This:

(Whatever. She knows what she did.)

No comments: