Thursday, June 21, 2007

Hey! What's YOUR favorite infection?!

Things I think are really cute:
1. Mad Cow (Bovine Spongiform Encephalopathy)
2. Syphilis (Treponema pallidum)
3. Lyme Disease (Borrelia Burgdoferi)
4. The Flu (Orthomyxovirus)
5. Malaria (Plasmodium falciparum)
6. Mono (Infectious mononucleosis)

Things I don't think are cute at all:
1. Flesh Eating Disease (Streptococcus pyogenes)
2. Ebola
3. Sleeping sickness (Trypanosoma brucei)
4. HIV (Human immunodeficiency virus)
5. Polio (Poliomyelitis)
6. Mange (Sarcoptes scabei)

2 comments:

johnny c. said...

omg, i totes bought syphilis, too. back when i was curing syphilis for a living. it's *adorable*.

Anonymous said...

I think I have Sleeping sickness! I thought that was just called lazy, bu t now I know that i have a legitmate illness!

Also those things are really creepy. SQUIRTLE SQUIRTLE