Tuesday, June 05, 2007

This is someone's idea of motivation.

I got the following email this morning:

Dear John, [ugh]

Save the Date!

The Office of Mission and Values invites you to "Shake Your Groove Thing" with your colleagues at the "Disco Inferno" university picnic.

I suppose this means I can't get a new job until the 28th, because there is no way I'm going to miss out on free alcohol. Although do I want to risk "shaking my groove thing" in front of my coworkers? It's a scary thought.

Also, my boss came to work today after a three-week absence. I asked my manager where he was, and she said, "Well, his cousin passed and the funeral was over the weekend. And before that he was helping with the arrangements. And before that, I'm not sure." I feel kind of guilty, knowing now that he was out for a funeral. And all this time I assumed he was just taking some deserved time off from his busy schedule of only coming to work three days a week.

No comments: