Tuesday, September 18, 2007

I don't think Mike Judge is on the GRE.

I'm not sure how I feel about my creative writing class and here are some reasons why:

1. When we got to class our professor had us write a few paragraphs about each story we read. Two people didn't read them, and he scolded, "This is an advanced class. This isn't accounting. Do you know how many accountants there are? There aren't that many good writers."

2. When we started to actually talk about the stories, our professor made us read them aloud, with each person reading two or three sentences as we went around the room.

3. Our professor told us that "Bartleby the Scrivener" was just like Office Space. Sadly, this is the second time I've heard a professor say that, but the first one wore a lot of gel in his hair.

No comments: