Friday, September 07, 2007

Not ASHAMED of MARMALADE!

It's my last early Friday, and since I only have to work for three hours and there hasn't been much actual work to do, I've been watching these two videos on YouTube repeatedly because they both blow my mind.

First, a video of Raquel Welch dancing with a man in a giant spider suit from The Muppet Show (thanks to Julie Klausner for sharing this one on her blog):

Is that or is that not The Shit?

And also, the best scene in the 1985 TV version of Alice in Wonderland starring, among others (and when I say "others," I mean "every greatest living star who was still alive in 1985"), Carol Channing:

This is from the second half of the movie which is really an adaptation of Alice Through the Looking Glass, and it's the better of the two movies because of Channing, natch. It also features Beau Bridges as a unicorn and Pat Morita as a goat. Needless to say, I was obsessed with this as a child.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh my God the Muppet Show thing is amazing.

Unknown said...

Holy shit, I just watched the Carol Channing clip and it is even better than the first one. I don't think they've made a shovel big enough to scrape my jaw off the floor.