Friday, February 02, 2007

Friday Morning Wrap-Up.

Man, it's been a rough week for work. I came in late four of the five days. That wasn't a good move, but considering morale, motivation, and uhh, I can't think of another thing but it doesn't matter because no one cares and I usually get here at like, 7:30, so a week of coming in at 8:10 isn't going to kill anyone. (Plus, I've been staying until five and getting paid not-overtime, which is just like overtime (since I've technically working more than I'm supposed to - which is thirty-five hours - and have to get permission to do so) except that I don't get paid extra for it. I LOVE MY JOB.) Also, the office is crazy right now because it's Wear Your Bears Jersey Day, and also because about five or six people are moving to another building, which means all week I've been listening to a few coworkers bitch about boxing up their stuff and reminiscing about all of the good times here in our building. I'm not really too torn up about losing people; it'll be really quiet in my part of the office, which will be weird. But to fill the void of our precious co-workers, we're getting free pizza for lunch. And I've already had two Krispy Kreme doughnuts with blue and orange sprinkles.

On Wednesday night I went out with Kristin to dinner at Sopo, where we had our usual waitress who hates us. I used to feel sorry for her because we'd only go on Monday nights because they'd have two- dollar burgers and three-dollar pints, so we'd get sufficiently fed and tipsy for about twelve dollars. The waitress was always pretty bitchy, and I always felt guilty and gave her a bigger tip than usual. On Wednesday she was typically bitchy, and she even brought us our check really early, saying, "Hey, do you guys mind closing out? I'm really hungover and just ready to go home THANKS." I hope she wasn't surprised when Kristin gave her $3.78 tip on our thirty-three dollar check.

After Sopo we went to see Inland Empire at the Music Box. Now, Kristin had never seen a David Lynch movie, and I was surprised that she agreed to see this one with me. When I brought it up, she told me she saw the trailer for it and it looked really good. I didn't mention that she did the same thing with Blue Velvet and only watched twenty minutes of it. I was nice enough to mention that Inland Empire is three hours long, but she was up for it. And she was a good sport about it, and I don't think she completely hated it. But let me tell you this: it's pretty nutz. Like, ten times more nutz than any other Lynch movie I've ever seen. But I liked it a lot, especially now that I've had a few days to think about it and have gotten "Sinnerman" out of my head. (I'm not going to give any details about the movie, because that'd take about eight blog posts and I just don't feel like it.)

For Sunday's festivities, I'm going to see a play at Steppenwolf with Christina and then going to Steve and Lisa's to "watch the Super Bowl," which really means "watch the Puppy Bowl." I know I live in Chicago and everyone's supposed to give two shits about the Bears, but I don't. Now, I will gladly brave the cold on Sunday if they win, since I'm sure everyone is going to go absolutely crazy on the streets, and that'd be pretty entertaining.

Finally, I'd like to wish everyone a happy Groundhog Day. And it's also Nicole's birthday! I wish I shared my birthday with this classy lady; I got Oliver Stone, instead.

No comments: