Friday, February 16, 2007

Lunchtime Poll Results: Midwesterners are easy.

Before I get to the results of yesterday's very scientific poll, I thought I'd mention that I was really happy people visited and commented. I should have at least one lunchtime poll a week. They're a lot of fun, and you'll learn something new about your Internet peers - and you might learn a thing or two about yourself. Any burning issues you need resolved? Let me know.

So, it seems like the consensus was similar to what I already thought. "Hooking up" seems to define different behavior depending on where you're from. There were a couple of comments from Midwesterners saying that they don't think the term necessarily has to define actual sex, which makes much more sense, in my opinion. If you're telling someone that you "hooked up," you're most likely using the term to be purposefully vague. If you wanted the person to know you had sex, you'd probably just say it.

And as for the second portion of the poll, I discovered that, generally, everyone enjoys making out, even Midwesterners. The two Midwesterners who have told me that they didn't like the activity clearly have some issues.

No comments: