Friday, November 18, 2005

I'm not in love with the modern world.

Laurie's nearly completely moved out and I am sad. I came home from an interview expecting her to still be here, but she wasn't, and I freaked out and called her twice. Then I saw that her purse was still in her room, and she finally answered her phone and told me she's walking around with her dad.

I had my interview at 826CHI, which went well - I think I may start tutoring kids there next week even. The only thing that kinda sucked about it was that when I went in two Mexican guys were working on the front room, and one of them said to me, "No class today, amigo?" I was like, "Uh, no..." Then I realize he thought I was in high school. That didn't make me feel good.

I got on the bus to come home from Wicker Park and I recognized a square from that bad Josh Hartnett movie. Now I'm watching High Fidelity even though I hate it and John Cusack.

I also realized that I was not made for the cold. I'm sitting in my basement wearing three shirts, two pairs of socks, and cord jeans over silk long underwear. Yes, I have silk long underwear. It's pretty fantastic. I had a friend in college who used to make fun of me for having fleece-lined jeans, but I don't care; I just like to keep my legs warm.

I competely understant the Sudoku fad now, since I tried (in vain) to complete one of the puzzles last night and it didn't work out. I don't know what made me want to finish it because it reminded me of something from high school math class.

I'm kinda sad that it's almost December and I still haven't gotten a job. I'm going to set a deadline for when I have to have my life together. I'm thinking June. June 14th.

1 comment:

Aethlos said...

"I dreamt I dwelt in marble halls, And woke to find it true; I wasn’t born
for an age like this; Was Smith? Was Jones? Were you?" Orwell, of course.