Monday, November 14, 2005

Oh, happy day.

Oh man, today's been great and it's only 12:30.

I got up early for my interview. Listened to good music on the train.

Had the interview, and found out that the office wasn't just another staffing agency, but a real recruiting firm. The girl who I talked with said they get a few copywriting positions a month. Plus, this girl had also just graduated in May and moved to Chicago from Texas, so at least I'm talking to someone who knows how hard it is to find something now as opposed to some older person who's had their job for five to ten years.

I left the office feeling pretty good. I walked past the Oriental Theater, where Wicked has been playing for months, and I saw a sign for The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee; it's coming here in March, so I'm excited for that!

Went to Barnes and Noble and returned two novels that I READ. Haha, eff you, Barnes and Noble!

Walked to the corner of Diversy and Clark and I didn't have to wait for the Clark bus to come! That NEVER happens!

On the bus there was this woman with her son in a stroller. The baby was adorable. I was just listening to my iPod and I started to hear him cry, and I saw he dropped his transfer card (yeah, the baby had a CTA pass and a transfer card), so I picked it up and gave it back to him. He smiled. It's the little things.

Then I saw I had a voicemail from an unknown number. I checked the message and it was from one of the temp agency that I had given up on (they stopped returning my calls), and the woman there said they were working on an editorial assistant position. I called her back and left a message, so hopefully she'll call and I can tell her to send my resume already.

Then I got an email from another company; I have a phone screen today at three.

Hurrah!

No comments: