Monday, August 27, 2007

I'm glad they read Cosmo so I don't have to.

Jezebel just posted an item about the furor over an article in Cosmo about "gray rape," which is the term for a non-consensual, yet nonviolent rape. I obviously don't have a personal gray rape story because I'm a dude, it did make me think of this gem that a friend told me about an acquaintance. I'll write it in first-person, just for effect.

So, this one night me and my best guy-friend were drinking and stuff and his penis kind of slipped in me, but it wasn't rape or anything.

Okay, I know that's not even like, a story, but seriously, if you heard that first-hand, wouldn't you die? Like die a thousand deaths because it's both hilarious and tragic at the same time? I mean, in what situation would that be not-rape? I feel like if wasn't rape, there must be something missing from that sentence, like, "So, this one night me and my best guy friend were drinking and lubed up and in a naked heap of people and his penis kind of slipped in me, but it wasn't rape or anything." Because that's understandable. But if it's just the two of you drinking and stuff - which inevitably means rolling around on an extra-long twin-sized bed - I think any penis-slippage should be fully consensual and defined.


Related:
Cosmo Wonders: Is It Rape If You Had Too Many Jaeger Shots To Remember It Anyway? [Jezebel]

No comments: