Monday, August 13, 2007

My cat is smarter than you.

Vacay 2k7 is officially dunzo, and I'm back at work despite my best intentions. Well, that's not exactly true;I did get up on time and got to the office early. And there's no work to do, so I've spent an hour catching up on my blog reader (which isn't exactly out of the ordinary) and craving McDonald's.

I had so much fun last week, and even though I didn't really spend any money (meals and entertainment were covered, but I did buy a t-shirt and salt water taffy), I don't have any money until payday on Friday.

I have a lot of freckles right now. Unfortunately, all of the sun that I managed to get on my arms, back, and chest has faded really quickly (my legs, natch, remained white all week since the skin down there does not react to light). I was impressed with myself for being okay with the beach and the bathing suit issue, and I came home thinking, "My body is nobody's body but my own and I'm OKAY WITH MY BODY!!!" Then I got off the bus at the Addison stop, saw the mixed crowd of Wrigleyville dudes and meat-Market Days gays who were all like, "LOOK AT MY GUNS." All I wanted was a long-sleeved shirt.

I should buy some protein.

Other than my arms, I'm generally happy about my life right now. Vacation was wonderful, and I had a great time with my family and Kristin, but I'm glad to be back in Chicago with friends. And after this upcoming paycheck, I'll be out of the hole, which is a nice feeling. And I've got two interviews this week!

Okay, that's all I've got, but I'll leave you with these pictures of my cat:

No comments: