Monday, February 11, 2008

Picking scabs.

Alex posted this rather hilarious article today on This Recording about Joshua David Stein's article in Page Six Magazine about Emily Gould from Gawker, whom he apparently dated while they worked together. I've never been a big fan of JDS, but I love me some Emily Gould, and I can't help but read his piece without giggling. Basically, Josh is upset because, while they were dating, Emily wrote about him on a blog. Which she showed to people. People he knew.

I think it's rather hilarious. You signed up for it, dude.




Stein's article did remind me of something John told me about ago, which was in jest but still kind of rings true: "I won't break up with you because I know what you're like when you break up with someone." Whatever did he mean?

But seriously, I realize that there're a lot of lines to possibly cross when you have a blog, and that's why I generally try to not write about everything because not everyone seems to think it's as hilarious as I do. Obviously, I wouldn't write about John or the breakup in too great of detail, because (luckily) we're still talking and things aren't weird and I want it to stay that way. And also, John never hurt me in any way, unlike the previous dipshit, so I don't have anything negative to say about him.

You know how Hannibal Lector only ate people who caused him personal offense or were incredibly rude to him? Well, that's how I blog. That may be an extreme analogy, but it's (possibly) appropriate. I refrain from tearing people down most of the time because it's not really fair or worth it. If you fuck with my shit, however, I will not let it go. I was just bitching last week about high school, for Chrissakes. Part of me realizes that things like that are silly, and the other part of me thinks, "Well, you're a good writer. You have a way with words. You can totally cut people down with a few sentences and you should use that power to its full extent."

I guess what I'm saying here is this: Joshua David Stein shouldn't bitch so much about Emily Gould blogging about their relationship. But he absolutely should have written an article about it. And I applaud that.

2 comments:

each of the two said...

i concur.

so douche it world, some of us are ready to abuse you.

gutenmegan said...

good tyler