Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Can we get down with the lights all low?

I finally got my phone this morning, hooray! Of course, it sucks. I don't like it very much but I can't really complain since my mom did spend too much money on it because, well, I needed a phone. I'll have to add that to the list of things I owe her. It's quite a long list. I'm a douche.

In other news, I got a call from Urban Outfitters asking if I was available to work inventory for two days next week. Of course I said yes because I need to work. But: I have to be at the store at five. In. The. Morning. Which means that I'll have to get on the red line at four thirty in the morning. When I realized that there really isn't a better way to get there, I got kind of nervous. I don't like taking the red line at four thirty in the afternoon. Aggh, I wish I had a car for two days.

A few more exciting things happened today. I got a package in the mail from Morgan with her monthly mix CD as well as burned copies of Jose Gonzalez, Des Ark, and a Neutral Milk Hotel bootleg. Also, I got the final disc of the third season of Gilmore Girls, so I'm just about forty-odd episodes from being up to speed.

Again, I am a douche.

I haven't shaved in a few days (I can't actually remember when the last time I did shave), and so now I have slight scruff that borders on disgusting. I asked Kristin last night how much longer it might take before I look really gross (because I have a pretty thin beard, it mostly looks like I haven't washed my face in a week), and she replied, "Umm...tomorrow." I guess that means I should look fresh and (so clean) clean for my orientation at Urban tomorrow.

1 comment:

jenny said...

The same sort of self-loathing consumes me when I sit and watch the O.C. for hours.

I think Gilmore Girls is less embarrassing, though.