Wednesday, January 25, 2006

You know a cargo light gives off a romantic glow.

Well, I'm awake. It's morning and I'm wide awake. Of course, that's because I didn't go to sleep last night. I wasn't tired at all (since I slept until 1:00), and, as usual, I came up with the "staying up all night so that I can get my internal clock back on track" plan. But hey, this time it worked. Sure, I hit that hour-long slump around 7:30 where I really wanted to fall asleep (Jinxie even came up on my bed and rolled all over me and I almost said to her, "LET'S TAKE A NAP!!!"), but I stayed strong. Already I've been to the bank to deposit money for the insanely expensive gas bill, and I got some coffee from Julius Meinl.

Now I have to stay up all day.

I have an interview tomorrow for a sales position at this place that sells electronics for promotional purposes. They found my resume on Monster.com and decided to give me an interview. When I called them yesterday (they left me a voicemail in the morning), the woman told me that they had a sales position open. I told her I'd be interested and she said, "Okay, how long have you worked in sales?" I said, "Well, I haven't, but I've had a lot of customer service experience." That was enough for her, apparently, although I wonder if they actually looked at my resume before they called me because that definitely answers any questions they may have about my "sales" experience.

Anyway, I have to read their website and learn about USB memory sticks (their biggest seller) so I can be prepared for the interview tomorrow.

Last night I went over to Dan and Kristin's and hung out with them and Lindsay and Brendan. I felt like Bridget Fucking Jones. Oh, me and my coupled friends. But anyway, I was playing music from my iPod and Magnolia Electric Co. came on, and Brendan made some comment about me getting back to my "dirt-road, Montross roots." It made me laugh, because I never listened to any real country when I was in high school, just really shitty pop-country.

But thinking back on it really makes me want to download "Pickup Man" by Joe Diffie.

I spent most of my sleepless night uploading a bunch of old pictures onto Flickr. It was stuff like the prom party at Julia's house, Morgan's cocktail party, and the numerous pictures that Ben, Laurie, and I took of ourselves at the Dodger. Man, I miss college.

Okay, so I just downloaded "Pickup Man" and you can't deny that Joe Diffie is a lyrical genius:
" You can set my truck on fire, roll it down a hill
But I still wouldn't trade it for a Coupe DeVille
It's got an eight foot bed that never has to be made
You know if it weren't for trucks we wouldn't have tailgates
I met all my wives in traffic jams,
You know there's something women like about a Pickup Man"

2 comments:

Aethlos said...

i'm a horrible insomniac... i'm always up all night, often reading, sometimes surfing/blogging... but always up... all night. i should found an insomniac club in chicago... people to go to coffee with at 3 am, and right the train all night and talk about books, and make fun of all the people with "real" jobs.

Aethlos said...

Ugh, did it again... right=ride.