Sunday, January 01, 2006

Happy New Year!



It's New Year's Day. We survived the party, which, I must admit, was a success. Except that we had way too much alcohol and now have a half-full keg sitting in a plastic tub of water in our laundry room.


Also, we had real Cristal and no one was shot. I had two glasses (I ended up finding one glass sitting on a table in an empty room and grabbed that shit!) and I'll admit: three-hundred dollar champagne tastes a lot like ten dollar champagne.


I think the highlight of the party was Kristin's mirrorball. When we found out (four drinks into the night) that there wasn't an official televised countdown for the central time zone, Kristin decided to make a mirror ball. When no one could provide her with a balloon, she ran and blew up a condom. Yes. We had a mirrorball that was made out of a condom, aluminum foil, and a string of mirrorball garland. Oh, and a lot of packaging tape.

Because there wasn't a real countdown at midnight, we kind of just made one up. And when Dan realized that the satellite clock still said "11:59" when we yelled, "Happy New Year!" he just knocked it over. I think I was the only person to notice.

Now we're exhausted and our house is filthy and we have to figure out what to do with the leftover alcohol. But I'm happy. When we moved in I told Kristin that my goal was to somehow have enough people over to have a big party. Sure, I didn't know half of the people here because they were mostly Joe's friends, but it was a good time nonetheless.

No comments: