Friday, January 06, 2006

Gainful' Employ.

I'm officially employed at Urban Outfitters in the housewares department. That's the good news. The bad news is that I'm only going to be making eight dollars an hour. I guess it's better than nothing, and maybe if I don't spend all of my money on alcohol, I can make it stretch. Though I see it becoming an issue trying to pay my Lakeview rent on eight dollars an hour.

I guess that means I'll have to find another job, but I'll take a break for a while and continue to just apply online because there's no way I'm going to find another job in the next few weeks when it took me five months to get the first one.

In other news, I had a missed connection-worthy encounter last night with a cashier at Borders. I bought Requiem for a Nun by Faulkner because it is the sequel to Sanctuary, one of the novels that I had to read twice for Dr. Cash at JMU. When I went up to the counter to pay, the girl said enthusiastically, "I just looked at this book, and not just to put it on the shelf or anything." Then we had a quick two minute conversation about Faulkner and Henry James.

I'm kind of excited about Urban Outfitters. I was getting dressed to go aaalll the way down to the Gold Coast to talk to the manager right when I got the call, so at least they saved me a trip.

And hey, at least I'll get that sweet discount on Penguin shirts.

No comments: